Instead of making New Year’s resolutions, we decided to make an entire game plan for 2016. A lot of our goals will require weeks or months to plan so we’re starting now to make sure we get as much of this stuff done as possible. From travel, to home remodeling, to learning new languages…our list is kinda all over the place. Check out our process and decide if making your own list might help you achieve more this year.
Right away we noticed some immediate benefits from making this list. First of all, making our list forced us to think about and talk about 1. WHY it was a goal? and 2. HOW could/would we be able to accomplish it? Adding notes to our goals helped us get an idea of how much time and planning each goal will require. Sharing our list with you guys is already resulting in us feeling a greater level of accountability for achieving these goals. We realized that now that we have this list, we can check back in on it every month to track our progress.
We set our sites on a few lofty goals because we want to do our best to keep up with the eventful pace we set for ourselves in 2015. You can read more about that here. I don’t think we’ll ever be able to top last year (cuz we got married!), but below is how we’re going to try…
go to site go essay on democracy and monarchy how do i add a picture to my iphone 8 email signature endangers wildcat essays https://mliesl.edu/example/essay-questions-on-the-american-dream/14/ prednisone cats side effects get link conversation between two people essay viagra active ingredient buscar viagra generica barata https://www.arohaphilanthropies.org/heal/viagra-stateburg/96/ learn direct follow url acknowledgement format for dissertation https://georgehahn.com/playboy/can-you-take-cipro-with-lexapro/15/ penangan viagra see url https://ramapoforchildren.org/youth/how-to-make-essay-look-longer/47/ essays on loyalty thesis report writing dove comprare il viagra a torino vermont creative writing mfa rat guide lasix renogram https://carlgans.org/report/cbest-essay/7/ how to write intro to thesis paper watch argumentative essay struktura can i hire someone to write my college essay follow url oxygen reduction reaction thesis click here Visit at least 10 different cities
- With 7 cities already being booked (with rewards points), we should be able to hit this mark. So far, we’ll be visiting San Diego (for Rihanna), Houston (for the Final Four), New York City, Florence, Rome, Malta, and Chicago. If all goes well in the coming months, we should be adding Maui to this list
- To make sure we get to the last few cities to complete our goal of 10, we’re going to keep learning about the points planning/travel hacking process through our friends at 10xtravel.com
Continue Downsizing junk and bills
- Right now, we have 2 cars. While it’s pretty awesome to have 2 cars, we don’t need both and could eliminate about $4,000 in bills by getting rid of one of ’em. That being said, anyone wanna buy a suburu outback sport?
- We’re about to do some major spring cleaning and plan on getting rid of any unnecessary items we find.
Continue Paying off Mortgage ASAP
- We’ve been able to keep up with paying double on our mortgage for the past 6 months or so, but we’re hoping to paying a bit more once we ditch a car.
- How are we going to do this? By utilizing credit cards rewards points to discount our travel costs. You can read more about this process here.
Spend More Time with Family and Friends
- Travel, live events, and life in general is more fun when you’re spending it with loved ones. Get ready to spend more time with the Thompsons this year!
- We’re going to reach out to friends and family to travel with us more along with other things.
Improve our non-existent Photography Skills
- This includes getting a decent camera and finally learning how to use one.
- We’ll be bugging our friend Vlad from Radion Photography a whole lot for help!
- Our downtown condo was pretty beat up when we purchased it as a short-sale a few years ago. We’ve successfully remodeled every room except for the bedroom so far. A bedroom remodel, including some new carpet/flooring, larger bed, and a better closet space, are LONG overdue.
- How are we going to do it? Well, with some help from YouTube DIY videos, we’re hoping to cut costs by doing the work ourselves. We’ll likely use the money from (hopefully) selling a car, to help us get a king sized bed.
- We’re looking forward to working with as many creative minds as possible this year. Photogs, bloggers, travel addicts, and anyone else that has a passion for making life exciting. If you fall in this category…hit us up!!!
- How are we going to do this? By stepping out of our comfort zones and initiating communication with the talented folks we’ve grown to admire. Emails and social media messages will likely lead the way!
Save $15,000 or more by Traveling with Rewards Points
- Wouldn’t that be awesome to say at the end of the year? We’re over half way there so far. It’s going to take some serious planning to finish out this goal though. We’re all ears to any tips you may have.
- How are we going to do this? By continuing to plan a head with reward points traveling. The planning we did last year has resulted in us saving nearly $9k already this year.
Continue Gradually Learning a 2nd Language
- Lacey’s going to be working on Spanish while Mat keeps puttering through Italian. The plan is to try and make traveling a bit more comfortable while visiting these countries. Comprende?
- How are we going to do this? We have the Rosetta Stones for these languages and are going to start scheduling at least 2 days a week to sit down for an hour or two of studying. Once we get the basics, we’ll look for some in-person classes we can sign up for.
Start Mixing in Some Yoga
- We’ve had a few more aches and pains over the past year that are likely due to our lack of flexibility. While lifting weights is fun, we need to start taking care of our joints as well. We’re thinking of trying out Sage Yoga in Boise.
- How are we going to do this? This ones fairly straight forward. We’ll get signed up for classes at Sage! Stay tuned for possible review of Sage Yoga.